All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Atom. Aussie parlour
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:58 am 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: nick
Last Name: dingle
Focus: Build
As stated in the entrants' thread, I began this little parlour around the time you all started, but was certain I had no chance to finish it in time, so I didn't sign up. All the usual stuff has been done, and I turn up with the body together, x-braced more lightly than the Antes plan I work from.

The neck, B/S, head plates are all Tasmanian Blackwood. The top is WRC from the local timber yard. The FB and bridge will be EIR. The bindings, purflings and rosette components are all plastic and celluloid.

12-fret, bolt neck, no electrics.

Today I had some time to shape the string slots in the peghead, and to rough shape the neck. Also cut the taper on the FB, and wiped some shellac on various bits....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:35 am 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: nick
Last Name: dingle
Focus: Build
Got some more done on my weekend. (Tues & Wed). Neck has been fitted, and adjusted to land perfectely. Heel flash installed, head stock trimmed to final size and the whole lot shellaced and ready for porefilling.

Also inlayed and trimmed the fretboard. I'm still deciding if I want to bind and purfle it....is purfle a word?.. but I reckon i will

Still deciding if I add an inlay to the headstock or not, but I quite like the simple look of the blackwood.
It has a great flame, that bit....

Couple pix...sorry they are a bit dark.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.