Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: ernest
Last Name: kleinman
City: lee's summit
State: mo
Zip/Postal Code: 64081
Focus: Build
Last week my 1 in woodmaster ct bs blade broke 1 snap and 1 stress fracture after about 12 hrs of use in 6 months. I had it repaired last monday with 2 welds in downtown KC. After trying to put on the blade duuuuh I realized the new welds had made the bs blade 1/2in shorter I had ordered 165in blade originally, it was now 164.5in and could not fit the bs, all you have to do is pay me for ground shipping, ups, fed up ex, usps, or free pickup if you live close to lees summit. I did find a MO company that sells BS blades very inexpensively they are plain carbon steel blades . I got a referral for them from my sawyer friend . They are bandsaw blade express in pevely mo 35 mo s of st louis .mo , and PS so far so good

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:49 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Steve
Last Name: G
Hi Ernie ,

I'd like to give that blade a try. My saw takes a 150" blade, so I should be able to re-weld it and give it a shot. I'll send a PM regarding working out the details and to confirm willingness to send it to Canada.

cheers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:22 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

let me check the cost to chilliwack it s a 1in blade , Do you ahve a suitable welding rig ???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:58 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Kevin
Last Name: Looker
City: Worthington
State: OH
Zip/Postal Code: 43085
Hi Ernie,
Sorry about the blade break. So what size wheels are on your saw?

Just trying to assess some data regarding the Woodmaster CT.

I love that blade but I’m also using it on a 36” saw & IMO it’s a lot of blade even on a big saw.

Kevin Looker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:14 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Its a laguna 20 incher a later model 15 yrs old the manual said 166in ad the rep at laoonie told me to get a 165 in , now it is too small 164.5in. I bought 2 plain 166in BS blades used for resaw cutting on a BS mill they are .042 from saw blade express they were $22 each way cheaper than the CT , IMHO I can buy 7 carbon blades tha tare easily resharpened the CT has tiny mouse carbide teeth . which need a diamond on a dremel to touch up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:55 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

The blade is still available !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:48 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Chuck
Last Name: Hutchison
City: Houston
State: Texas
Ernie, sorry to hear about the Woodmaster. I love using that blade. Marchione Guitars was using that blade but switched to the Tri-Master, it produces a very very smooth cut.
I have a 19" Grizzly that uses a 143" blade. I'll be checking out the place you suggest in Missouri.

Hutch

These users thanked the author ChuckH for the post: Durero (Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:44 pm)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:21 pm 
OLF Sponsor
OLF Sponsor

First name: Brent
Last Name: Cole Sr
City: Craig
State: Alaska
Zip/Postal Code: 99921
ernie wrote:
Last week my 1 in woodmaster ct bs blade broke 1 snap and 1 stress fracture after about 12 hrs of use in 6 months. I had it repaired last monday with 2 welds in downtown KC. After trying to put on the blade duuuuh I realized the new welds had made the bs blade 1/2in shorter I had ordered 165in blade originally, it was now 164.5in and could not fit the bs, all you have to do is pay me for ground shipping, ups, fed up ex, usps, or free pickup if you live close to lees summit. I did find a MO company that sells BS blades very inexpensively they are plain carbon steel blades . I got a referral for them from my sawyer friend . They are bandsaw blade express in pevely mo 35 mo s of st louis .mo , and PS so far so good

Bandsaws are finicky, and are OUR business.. Well we have several machines with wheels from 19" to 60". There are many factors that can cause blade failure. Saw set-up and cross line. The wheels them selves if tired or not and crowned. , band saw blade/loop setup in relation to the guides, the guides them-selves, tension or too little. It's good to de-tension the saw when not in use.
Running dull saw, and heat it causes.. Lenox is a GREAT saw. We prefer the timberwolf brand saw, for the deeper gullet profile for what we do. And stick to that, because we had a set of cams engineered for our Armstrong #2 Band Saw Sharpener, for that saw profile.
I't's not a safe idea to re-weld used saws. They broke for a reason. That is either stress related or heat/stress related. Unless the saw is actually new, the the previous weld failed, or there was one grind, and the sharpener. burn the gullet where the break occurred, and there are no other burnt gullets.

These users thanked the author Alaska Splty Woods for the post: ernie (Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:48 am)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:45 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Hi hutch glad to see you here instead of FB . Hope your enjoying that wonderful food you made. Am geting edumacated here at genius boy central The OSU visiting columbus. The company in pevely mo sells a lot of blades . I purchased to bandsaw mill blades 165in .I had the 1/2in trimaster on my scmi 18 in BS it broke three of those mouse teeth asap. The CT blade 166in also was a huge disappointment in my opinion. It worked well and it did not get heavy use . The blades from bandsaw blade express are cheap especially if you get the 15% discount from their home page. The blades I ordered are .042 intended for bandsaw mills and can be easily sharpened . One of my sawyer friends turned me on to this company . The blades can be easily sharpened on the Bs with a dremel and a small grinding bit easy to do see matthias wandel on youtube for explanation.I paid 20 $ for each the downside is they should be detensioned after each use IMHO . For what I paid for the ct blade , I can buy 7 carbon steel blades . Personally these ct , trimaster etc blades are way overpriced for my frugal budget . My 2 cents rant . PPS brent you are absoloutly right I wasted 3 hrs and and $20 on an unusable blade lesson learned . Next time they break I will pitch them as I/m not that good at welding or silver soldering BS blades.