Koa

First name: Tim
Last Name: Mullin
City: Shefford
State: QC
Zip/Postal Code: J2M 1R5
Focus: Build
joe white wrote:
I also have an Atol6 that would not transfer to the buffing wheel. I had purchased it earlier this year from Jescar and got it out to use in place of the (white) P175 that I did not like at all.

The word from Jescar was that they had complaints about the yellow P175. The complaints were from the yellow color getting all over. Well, I did not like the white P175, it seemed dryer and would not bring the surface to the clean, wet looking shine that I was getting with the yellow so I ordeed a yellow P175 and buffed a guitar a few days ago, sweet success once again.
I mentioned to Jescar that the Atol6 bar that I had previously ordered was hard can would not transfer to the buffing wheel, crickets.............

Great - you're not exactly filling me with confidence, Joe. Doesn't look like ATOL6 is available anymore. The P175 on the Jescar site looks to be white, but it may not be too late to contact them about switching for yellow, if it still exists.

Why is this so difficult?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Dead Menzerna??
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:13 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Trevor
Last Name: Gore
City: Sydney
Makes me think I'll be trying the ColorTone stuff next. There was probably a reason SM switched...

http://www.goreguitars.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 pm 
Koa
Koa

State: ON
I only have experience with the Med ColorTone polish (red). It does get red buffing powder all over the place. Maybe it is just because red color shows up more then the white/tan/yellow colour powder from the other bars. I'll live with it for better results and less work.

Canadian Luthier Supply
http://www.canadianluthiersupply.com
https://www.facebook.com/canadianluthiersupply?ref=hl
House Guitars - Custom Built Acoustic Instruments.
http://www.houseguitars.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 pm 
Koa
Koa

joe white wrote:
The word from Jescar was that they had complaints about the yellow P175. The complaints were from the yellow color getting all over. Well, I did not like the white P175, it seemed dryer and would not bring the surface to the clean, wet looking shine that I was getting with the yellow so I ordeed a yellow P175 and buffed a guitar a few days ago, sweet success once again..............

Hey Joe -- PM sent!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 am 
Koa
Koa

Tim Mullin wrote:
joe white wrote:
The word from Jescar was that they had complaints about the yellow P175. The complaints were from the yellow color getting all over. Well, I did not like the white P175, it seemed dryer and would not bring the surface to the clean, wet looking shine that I was getting with the yellow so I ordeed a yellow P175 and buffed a guitar a few days ago, sweet success once again..............

Hey Joe -- PM sent!

Back "atcha" Tim.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:50 am 
Koa
Koa

Tim Mullin wrote:
joe white wrote:

Hey Joe -- PM sent!

Based on Joe's recommendation, Jescar is sending me the "yellow" P175 -- thanks Joe!

Jescar did confirm that ATOL6 has been discontinued, BUT they claim that their W58 is indistinguishable from the old ATOL6.

dang this stuff is confusing!

Post subject: Dead Menzerna??
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:09 am 
Koa
Koa

Got my order in from Jescar, replacing my old Menzerna bars with fresh P204, GW16 and P175 (they shipped the "yellow" P175 as recommended to me by Joe White -- many thanks, Joe). Also brought in new buffs. Buffed out a guitar with the new kit and was MUCH happier than with my 8-year-old bars. No drama -- made it feel easy. I now store the bars in a ziplock freezer bag, hoping to slow down the oxidation, gassing off,or whatever else goes on to make them gradually go hard and ... dead!

These users thanked the author Tim Mullin for the post (total 3): Trevor Gore (Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:55 am) • joe white (Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:07 am) • bftobin (Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:23 pm)