Mahogany

First name: Eric
Last Name: Schaefer
City: Bernville
State: PA
Zip/Postal Code: 19506
Focus: Build
Greetings all!

And happy Thanksgiving Eve! I hope everybody travels safely, and nobody gets sucked into uncomfortable conversations with relatives over the election... yikes..

My name is Eric Schaefer and I've been a member at the OLF for about 4 or 5 years, posting things here and there, and soaking things up like a sponge! Some of you already know me. Some do not.
I teach an intensive acoustic guitar building workshop in Reading, Pennsylvania 4 times a year and I teach and produce online guitar building courses as well.

I am thrilled to start this sub forum.
The purpose of this sub forum is to share the many video tutorials that I have made and continue to make.
These videos depict in detail one man's process for making acoustic flattop guitars. My hope is that some will learn from my process, some will share my process, some will improve upon my process, and some will criticize my process (constructively, please!).

This is the closest thing to being a fly on the wall in someone else's shop (without the insect-to-human language barrier and the threat of being swatted!). Novices will gain the most from the videos, but also more seasoned builders will pick up on things that will shift their perspective in a new direction.

Just for complete disclosure, I want to say that most of these videos come from the online guitar building course that I sell. If people want to support what I do by buying the course, then that's great. However, this subforum will never be about promoting sales for that course. It will always be about sharing tips, tricks and techniques, and discussing or troubleshooting the processes taught in the videos.

I will have the first video up shortly.
I look forward to sharing with and learning from you all! And thank you Lance for putting this together!

These users thanked the author ericschaeferguitars for the post: Braedyn (Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:09 am)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:10 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Braedyn
Last Name: Schultz
City: Calgary
State: Alberta
Zip/Postal Code: T2X 1N7
Very generous of you, Eric! Thanks so much!

Last edited by Braedyn on Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

These users thanked the author Braedyn for the post: ericschaeferguitars (Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:33 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:02 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Rob
Last Name: Lak
State: Massachusetts
I look forward to seeing your videos, and a big Thanks for taking the time for this!

Rob

These users thanked the author Robert Lak for the post: ericschaeferguitars (Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:33 pm)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:36 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Daniel
Last Name: Petrzelka
State: Washington
Thank you for helping sponsor the forum - very much looking forward to your videos.