It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:27 am 
Mahogany
Mahogany

First name: Alexander
Focus: Build
Hey everyone.

I am looking at getting this Chinese air cooled spindle and VFD from vipwindows_168 on eBay.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/191590377107?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Does anyone have any experience with a Changsheng spindle like this? Has anyone dealt with vipwindows_168?
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:40 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Stuart
Last Name: Gort
Looks good in the picture. I'd be interested in other's opinions. I'd certainly be cautious about Chinese spindles otherwise. I have a nice milling machine but it's relegated to 4000 rpm. I've been able do anythigng I want to do with it...but some things (like cutting fret grooves) can stack up the time.

StuMusic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:07 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Bob
Last Name: Garrish
City: Toronto
State: Ontario
You'll get comparable pricing, much faster shipping, and superior support from Automation Technologies Inc (formerly Keling).

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/cnc-spindle

I don't really bother going elsewhere for that sort of stuff (cheaper spindles, VFDs, motors, and ballscrews). I get all my linear rails and some better ballscrews from Automation Overstock / Automation Direct. The prices from both places are on par with what you'll get on eBay without any of the uncertainty. I've been on the phone with the owners of both places for support (not on bad product, on setup parameters) and they're both great.

These users thanked the author Bob Garrish for the post: Durero (Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:35 pm)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:07 am 
Mahogany
Mahogany

I know looks can be deceiving but these particular spindles on eBay actually look like higher quality than the Chinese automation technologies inc ones. I also find automation can have very lacking communication at times.

The eBay seller has 100% feedback and numerous numbers of their air cooled spindles like this one have sold but I can find no information on them from an actual buyer. I have posted in 3 different forums with no luck. I guess we would be much more likely to see a bad review than a good review.

I guess we are all in the same boat (unless you already have a good, well known spindle). We all would like to purchase a Chinese spindle that is good quality and cheap, but no one wants to take the risk. What I am afraid of is receiving the Chinese spindle from this eBay seller, having it be perfect for 2-4 months (past support times from eBay) and then having the spindle crap out on me. At that point, I would probably get zero help from the seller because eBay most likely will not step up to help that far past the sale.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:54 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I bought a 2.2Kw water-cooled spindle from China/eBay several years ago and it continues to perform very well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:56 pm 
Mahogany
Mahogany

Don Williams wrote:
I bought a 2.2Kw water-cooled spindle from China/eBay several years ago and it continues to perform very well.

Do you remember who the seller was?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:47 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Rand
Last Name: Kennedy
State: CO
I thought HSD was having some of their lower wattage spindles made in China, this may be the company because they sure look familiar. Like all things over there, lots of sellers for one/few that manufacture a product. Sometimes different branding or packaging, often not. This looks like the manufacturer:
http://jsczlinnan.en.alibaba.com/
I suspect the ebay seller is buying the VFD and the spindle from different suppliers and bundling for resale. Lots of people buy direct from Alibaba; they have some kind of buyer protection stuff like ebay. In either case you are buying directly from China and paying shipping etc. unless you can find somebody in the US/CAN that is buying them in bulk. UGRA CNC sells a different 2.2kw ER25 spindle (only) for $1050. The ones I looked at on automation tech were all ER-20 but maybe I missed the right one.

Stuart: when I was looking at machines, I found the parameter changes for running the 4k max TM spindles at 6k. My HFO said all versions of the TM and MM use the same parts and can run at 6k, actually 8k but they recommended against doing that because it makes almost no torque at 8k. I think that same info had the changes for doubling the rapids too. Let me know if you want me to dig up that info.