PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:15 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Pierre
Last Name: Castonguay
City: Québec, Qc
Focus: Repair
Hi everyone,

Recently unearthed the aforementioned parlour guitar while perusing a lot of stuff I bought as a package from some auction-hunting guy.

I was very surprised to find myself considering a great-playing, great-sounding Fender acoustic. Not sure I ever entertained the thought that this would ever happen. I decided to keep it for myself rather than unload it. Definitely a keeper.

But (there's bound to be a "but") in its previous life, the poor thing got all its electronics butchered. Preamp cables clipped off, UST gone missing, etc. The ex-owner apparently hated USTs.

Now the funny thing is even if this guitar is less than 5 years old, neither Fender nor Fishman are of any help, Fender saying this is a Fishman unit so ask them for replacement parts, Fishman saying we dunno, this was made in Asia for Fender so ask Fender.

So I can't even find what UST was fitted to the thing with the special preamp supposedly matched to the guitar and UST as no one seems to know at Fender and Fishman. The cables I could manage to fit replacements, but I can't help thinking this is the worst kind of runaround one can get. Both companies are well aware I run a guitar repair shop.

Now... can anyone help me? Just what UST did Fishman use in those PM-2s? Does anyone have a full system they're willing to part with as I can't even test the preamp as it is?

I'm very well aware that I can fit any number of allegedly better systems in there. But as there are already holes in the otherwise fine body, I'd like to return it to stock.

Thanks for helping, as always.