No cussin and be nice!

Post subject: Pats vs Packers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:11 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Maks
Last Name: Lavrov
Focus: Build
Take the best of both sides right now, and this is what you get. All year long I was hoping to see this in the superbowl, but now that GB lost a horrible ("easy win") game to the Chiefs, I guess we already beat them laughing6-hehe

Post subject: Re: Pats vs Packers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:30 pm 
Koa
Koa

Lavrov Guitars wrote:
I guess we already beat them laughing6-hehe

Thats an awfully long reach to get to that logic. Packers are 13-1 and can lock home field with either one out of two wins, or one out of two losses by SF. I'll take those odds. NE is 11-3 with only a one game lead on three other teams.

Dont get me wrong, NE is a very good team and has one of the best three QBs current in the league, but they're not what they used to be. The defense is rather poor. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8254c258/article/despite-defensive-deficiencies-dont-sleep-on-the-patriots?module=HP11_cp

Having said that and being a big GB fan, their play in the last few weeks has been frustrating to say the least. Im confident that the O will pick it back up for the playoffs, but the D has me very worried. What happened to the D that came on at the end of last year and was key in the playoff run. If they dont win the SB this year, it will be because of the D.

So if it ends up getting to NE vs GB, it will be a heck of a game. Probably lots of points from two great QBs picking apart mediocre defenses. I'd put my money on GB in that one. The QBs are equal, the defenses are equally bad, but GB just has so many more weapons on offense. NE doesn't have much left from their peak from several years back. If they had more people for Brady to throw to, they would be that much more dangerous.

NO has me worried. They will have to go through GB in winter, but they have four very good running backs and may be a better built team for GB in January than GB is right now. It should be fun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Preface: I'm a Patriots fan.

That said, I don't think they can make it TO the Super Bowl, let alone beat Green Bay once they are there. Sure the Pats have a great QB (arguably one of the best in history), but even with a potent office, the questions surrounding the ability of the defense to prohibit great amounts of yardage leaves a lot of room for failure. That said, they don't give up a lot of points, and do very well in getting turnovers. It's hard to say any more than that. They have moments of brilliance, but moments of wondering how they could be 11-3 at all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:21 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Maks
Last Name: Lavrov
Remember when they lost those three games? All of ESPN was saying they lost their swagger, but they bounced back big time. They do give up lots of yards, but redZone D is acceptionally good. And as far as weapons, they have the best WR and TE in the NFL right now, and on top of that, Branch, Hernandez, and maybe they can actually squeez something out of Ochocinco. They have plenty of offensive weapons. I like GB but Rogers season is way overrated. He is not having the best career any QB has ever had, he's just on the ex champs team, getting all the hype. Both Brees and Brady are having stellar seasons, and both have had even better seasons in the past. And let's not even bring up the Hall of Fame QBs that actually DID have unbelievable seasons. Rogers has to live up to "the best QB season ever" and one acceptionally season won't do it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Big
Last Name: Jim
State: Deep in the heart of Bluegrass
" Scratches head " New England has a football team ?? laughing6-hehe laughing6-hehe laughing6-hehe

Forgiveness is the ability to accept an apology that you will probably NEVER GET
The truth will set you free , But FIRST, it will probably Piss you Off !
Creativity is allowing yourself to make Mistakes, Art is knowing which ones to Keep !
The Saddest thing anyone can do , is push a Loyal Person to the point that they Dont Care Anymore
Never met a STRONG person who had an EASY past !
http://wiksnwudwerks.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/GatewayA ... rAssembly/