Official Luthiers Forum!

Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Same rules apply to all forums at the Luthiers Forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 am 
Mahogany
Mahogany

First name: Paul
City: Knoxville
State: TN
Zip/Postal Code: 37923
Focus: Build
Hi Everyone,
I hope that I am not posting to an incorrect area but I want anyone who is interested to see this. I am one of the nubies here. I work at the Woodcraft store in Knoxville TN and found the OLF thanks to Steve Smith and Greg Seigmunk(Clinchriver). I have been building electric guitars for several years and will be starting my 1st acoustic soon.
I have obtained permission from the store owner to use our classroom to host a luthier's group. I have been collecting names and contact info from customers that share this interest and will soon be sending emails to them. There is no cost involved. No dues, secret handshake, password or decoder ring needed. Just an interest in sharing your knowledge in instrument building.
This is an open invitation to all in the East TN area who would like to be involved. I have reserved the classroom for Feb 10, 2013 from 2:00PM-4:30PM. This meeting will be a meet n greet and discussion of how everyone would like to proceed. I am hoping for a mix of all styles and skill levels of builders, (acoustic, electric, bass, mandolin, etc). Everyone is welcome. Bring along one of your completed instruments to show off and discuss if you want to. You never know, some pickin' could break out.
If you are interested or have any questions or suggestions drop me a PM, email or contact me at the store, (865) 539-9330 . The store is located at 8023 Kingston Pike Knoxville, TN 37919. This is just east of West Town mall in the same plaza as Barnes & Noble.

Hope to see you there,

Paul