It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:36 pm 
Walnut
Walnut

First name: Corey
State: MI
Focus: Build
Before starting my 1st build, does anyone know of a good place or site I can get either blueprints or a list of dimensions for certain guitars?

I'm building a 50's Style strat and am just looking for the proper dimensions of everything. I have a good template to go off, but its only for initial shape and holes for the electronics/pickups.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:50 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Tim
Last Name: Mullin
City: Shefford
State: QC
Zip/Postal Code: J2M 1R5
10 years ago, blueprints were freely sold as exact templates for various Fender and other brands. That’s changed. Plans are now more anonymous, often with generic head stocks and slightly different body outlines. With that warning, I’ve found plans from:
https://genone-luthier-supply.com/collections/3d-cnc-files/products/60s-strat-3d-cnc-files to be useful. Just don’t expect a Fender pick guard to be an exact fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:58 pm 
Walnut
Walnut

First name: Corey
State: MI
Tim Mullin wrote:
10 years ago, blueprints were freely sold as exact templates for various Fender and other brands. That’s changed. Plans are now more anonymous, often with generic head stocks and slightly different body outlines. With that warning, I’ve found plans from:
https://genone-luthier-supply.com/collections/3d-cnc-files/products/60s-strat-3d-cnc-files to be useful. Just don’t expect a Fender pick guard to be an exact fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I wont be pre-drilling any holes until Im ready to install. I just want appropriate neck sizes, width, height length etc. Along with how much I need to route into the body for the neck, pickups, and electronics and so forth.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:50 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Freeman
Last Name: Keller
I have a set of 1962 Strat plans that says "Fender Musical Instruments" dated 10-21-82, part number 019574. I don't know where I got them and I have never built a guitar from them. There are other sources, some better than others, I think you just need to search on line.

There is a very good set of telecaster plans in the public domain drawn by Tdowns and available as a free download on the telecaster forum TDPRI.com. Lots of tele's have been build from them, there might be discussion about other guitars.

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/d-size-te ... ere.74504/

There are a few folks at TDPRI who are building strats - you might look thru the DIY forum and PM them for information. The Warmoth website does have a good description of Fender neck pockets which will be the key to your geometry.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:21 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

masses of stuff on this German site.
https://www.gitarrebassbau.de/viewtopic.php?t=6