PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:39 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Conor
Last Name: Searl
City: Duncan
State: British Columbia
Zip/Postal Code: V9L 2E5
I bought this weird "jaguarish" guitar kit online a while ago, and the switching is a little redundant, ridiculous, and not at all like an actual jaguar. So I'm wondering if anyone has any creative ideas about what to do with these three two way toggle switches.

The guitar has two humbuckers, (just normal wiring, not 4 wires) with a standard 3 way (telecaster) blade switch, and one volume and one tone. No problems here, I'd be fine leaving it that way. However it has also come with a rout on the top of the body and a metal plate with three 2 way switches. I think the wiring diagram that comes with the kit, makes these switches simply on/off one for each pickup and a master. Seems kind of unnecessary and dumb to me. Anyway I was gonna just leave them as dummy switches to give it that Fender offset vibe, but then I got to thinking there must be something else a person could do with these switches.

I was thinking of using one of the 2 way switches to choose between two circuits like on a jazzmaster, when its down it's just your typical switching with the 3 way blade switch and vol/tone, but when its up it routs it through the other 2 way switches, which operate as on/off switches for each pick up but have a capacitor wired into the on position so they also act as dark switches.

Any other ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:11 pm 
Walnut
Walnut

First name: Tom
Last Name: Wolf
City: Morrison
State: Oklahoma
Zip/Postal Code: 73061
Focus: Repair
I don't play gigs anymore, just do a lot of home recording..I put a mini-toggle switch
on all the parts casters I put together...use it for an on-off switch that I can flip while
I'm editing.I also usually remove the vol knob on strats and re-position it-it's always
in the way, for me....also I use a lot of the mini-toggles for pu selection-never cared
for the 4 way blade switch.That's just me, but seems like the strat could stand a new
design in it's controls...enjoy your wknd. amigo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:31 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Conor
Last Name: Searl
City: Duncan
State: British Columbia
Zip/Postal Code: V9L 2E5
Tom Wolf wrote:
I don't play gigs anymore, just do a lot of home recording..I put a mini-toggle switch
on all the parts casters I put together...use it for an on-off switch that I can flip while
I'm editing.I also usually remove the vol knob on strats and re-position it-it's always
in the way, for me....also I use a lot of the mini-toggles for pu selection-never cared
for the 4 way blade switch.That's just me, but seems like the strat could stand a new
design in it's controls...enjoy your wknd. amigo.

That's awesome Tom. Thanks for the ideas. Its funny what we get used to. Every time I play with something that's not a strat I wish the volume knobs were in the right place. :)