Post subject: Vacuum System
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:35 am 
Walnut
Walnut

First name: Glenn
City: Sydney
Focus: Build
Hi All,

Thought I'd post some details on the vac system i have just finished building.
I bought a venutri kit from veneer supplies http://www.veneersupplies.com/products/ ... s-Kit.html

I 'borrowed' the idea of using an LPG tank and enclosure from pics on the website, glad i went with the enclosure as it reduces the noise quite dramatically. Also the LPG tank i used was one i got from my old man, it had been sitting in the paddock with an open top for bout 5 years, i didn't take any chances with it so also gave it a good day worth of flushing out with water (tank water of course!). i don't recommend anyone trying to use one unless you really know what you are doing i have heard some horror stories.. get a gas fitter to sort it out!

I've found the tank to be very good with no leakage, i can switch off the power and air supply to unit come back in the morning and the tank will still be at max vac.

as you can see by the dial it pulls just on -27hg and has an amazing amount of clamping pressure.

I'll mainly use this for clamping parts on the cnc bed, veneering and gluing parts.... plus any other uses i can think of! another plus to building the enclosure was putting some wheels on it to make it mobile.

Cheers
Glenn

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Vacuum System
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:17 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Very slick. I have an old one of those tanks that can't be filled anymore, so I'll have to put it to use once I can empty it out properly. Nice work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:43 pm 
Koa
Koa

Lappy wrote:
Hi All,

I bought a venutri kit from veneer supplies http://www.veneersupplies.com/products/ ... s-Kit.html

I 'borrowed' the idea of using an LPG tank and enclosure from pics on the website, glad i went with the enclosure as it reduces the noise quite dramatically. Also the LPG tank i used was one i got from my old man, it had been sitting in the paddock with an open top for bout 5 years, i didn't take any chances with it so also gave it a good day worth of flushing out with water (tank water of course!). i don't recommend anyone trying to use one unless you really know what you are doing i have heard some horror stories.. get a gas fitter to sort it out!

I've found the tank to be very good with no leakage, i can switch off the power and air supply to unit come back in the morning and the tank will still be at max vac.

as you can see by the dial it pulls just on -27hg and has an amazing amount of clamping pressure.

I'll mainly use this for clamping parts on the cnc bed, veneering and gluing parts.... plus any other uses i can think of! another plus to building the enclosure was putting some wheels on it to make it mobile.

Cheers
Glenn

Nice job!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 am 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

Lappy wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers
Glenn

That look sweet! I also just finished building the kit from there, but I opted for the Vacuum pump one, and with two reservoirs made of PVC, I get about 25 Hg, and it holds that no problem....both kits are awesome....

What are you using for a gasket for the fixture, any details on depths etc?

Your kit kit out VERY NICE!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 am 
Walnut
Walnut

Great job Glenn, I looked at Joe's website and was impressed. I didn't realize how affordable a vacuum system could be. Thanks, Vinny