Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:36 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Danny
Last Name: Vincent
Wow!! wow7-eyes What can't you use that stuff on. I may try it on my toast.

Why is it better?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:37 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Focus: Repair
Okay, if this is NOT spam, why are you spamming several forums with this garbage?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:22 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Doug
Last Name: Balzer
City: Calgary
State: Alberta
Focus: Build
StevenStanleyBayes wrote:
Before the email starts, please note, this is not a spam message, nor marketing and I do NOT make money out of this .

Product aside, the claims of which seem nothing short of bogus, your credibility evaporated when you stated this post is not an attempt at marketing and then proceeded to do just that. You broke one of the forum rules. Go away.

"No Unauthorized Advertising. Please do not post information about sales, new products, great deals, etc. if you are not a paying sponsor of the OLF. The sponsors of this site contribute to the financial health of the board and without their participation we would not exist. “Poaching” hurts our entire community. We are perhaps the most unbiased friendly guitar building site on the Internet and any advertiser who comes to us will almost without reservation will be given the opportunity to participate. Violations will result in posts being deleted and repeat violations will lead to expulsion."

Don't let fear or common sense stop you from trying to build something

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:39 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Focus: Repair
How is announcing a product while providing links and testimonials not advertising?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Doug
Last Name: Balzer
City: Calgary
State: Alberta
StevenStanleyBayes wrote:
ALSO, I DON'T ADVERTISE NOTHING. READ THE OTHER SECTIONS. I ANSWERED THERE CLEARLY.

This is the first truth you have spoken...using a double negative...meaning you advertise everything. Maybe professor snake-oil is trustworthy (insert sarcasm).

Don't let fear or common sense stop you from trying to build something

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Tony
Last Name: C
City: Brooklyn
State: NY
Let me show you how to generate interest in this product without looking like a schill for the product:

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. This is my first post. I am a luthier in (insert country here) and I have been building guitars for (insert number of months here). I am posting because I came across this product that I had never heard of before. It is called C37 and I was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of it. The maker claims a lot of pretty startling things about it. I have reached a point in my building where I am considering using this product to further enhance my guitars and I wanted to get other builder's opinions on it.
Here is a link to the product:
http://www.PhoneyBaloneyLacquer.com
And here is a couple of links to some research on the stuff:
http://www.Made-Up-Research.com
http://www.If-You-Pay-Us-We-Will-Say-Anything-You-Want-Labs
http://www.Really-Super-Official-Looking-but-made-up-Research-Papers.com

The info seems pretty compelling and I know people credit the varnish for the sound of Stradivarious' violins. I was wondering if the right finish migh also have a positive affect on the sound of my guitars.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Snakey McSnakeOil

Now, I must warn you that even this approach will probably get you some flames from certain members who have very sensitive BS meters. But you might also get some people having a serious discussion of the merits of the proper finish. Some might have even said they might try this finish if it were not so expensive. And maybe, one guy would have actually tried it. Instead, you show up, you are belligerent, your posts are insulting, and overtly aggressive, you speak in double talk. Your posts are incoherent at best. At worst, they are simply an attempt to piss of an entire community of very cool people who do nothing but help each other to build better instruments. I know, I know. You are trying to help us with our awful instruments too. Thanks, but no thanks. I appreciate the entertainment you have provided though, so at least your posts were not a complete waste of my time.

These users thanked the author Tony_in_NYC for the post: Doug Balzer (Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:16 am)