Walnut
Walnut

First name: Tom
Last Name: Wikoff
City: Springfield
State: Ohio
Zip/Postal Code: 45503
Focus: Repair
Ladies & Gentlemen, I come before you... a humble servant in search of an answer and some advice. First of all, I am not a luthier...please don't click off topic just yet. I am 59 years "young". I have a vintage guitar which belonged to my grandfather who has been deceased 34 years. Recently, my mother gave me his guitar and I've made it my goal to try and identify who manufactured it. Ultimately, I would like to bring it back from the horrible condition it is in. But first of all... the identification. I am attaching some photos with the hope that one or more of you will be able to help me with that process. Along with the pictures, I offer up these other (hopefully helpfull) critical dimensions: 38"L 14" lower bout, 10" upper bout, 8 & 1/4" waist, 12/18 fretboard, 4" L bridge with what appears to be a metal saddle, wood nut, string spacing approx. 11.5mm., neither the tailpiece nor the headstock have any identifying information. No model/serial number stamped inside... I mean a complete mystery. If you can help me identify it using these photos, I would be forever in your debt. On another forum, someone said it reminded him of a resonator due to the position of the f holes in the upper bout. ???? Anyway, later, I would like some advice on how to proceed (if possible) with a restoration. At best, I would love to get it in playing condition; at worst, it becomes a "wallhanger" for conversation. Thank you very much for your time:
I'll try and post pictures later. I've been 30 minutes trying to download a picture without success. I'll be back later with the pictures, I guess.
Tom