Koa
Koa

First name: Willard
Last Name: Guthrie
City: Cumberland
State: Maryland 21502
Zip/Postal Code: 21502
Focus: Repair
Never Fishman, sometimes K&K Pure for solo work in small venues, and Baggs Anthem for any number of pros.

-Mark Helprin, The Oceans and the Stars: A Sea Story, A War Story, A Love Story (A Novel)

These users thanked the author Woodie G for the post: Kbore (Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:56 pm)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:15 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Pierre
Last Name: Castonguay
City: Québec, Qc
Focus: Repair
TRein wrote:
EddieLee wrote:
I have tried an under the saddle Fishman pickup and did not like it. I also do not like the K&K Pure Mini pickup. Both of those feel very unnatural to me. I have a hard time adjusting to playing live with them. I much prefer the Dazzo pickup. To me, it sounds like the guitar and feels like the guitar when I play live. I also do prefer to build with a wider saddle. I am using 5mm with saddle now.

Dazzo Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOTY_bmf_AY&t=82s

I looked at Dazzo for a minute or two. At the time he was using epoxy to glue the transducers to the bridge plate and brake fluid (!) to remove them. Yikes.

I've installed a couple of Dazzos. IMHO, they are by quite a good margin the best sounding pickups I have installed, or heard for that matter.

But…

1. The units are very large and won't fit every bridge plate. Measure carefully.

2. The maker is adamant you should use epoxy. I don't like this as the units can (and will) move quite easily.

Great sounding pickups, provided you choose what version you'll be jnstalling wisely. Check with the maker as different guitars need different versions.

Pierre
Guitares Torvisse

These users thanked the author Smylight for the post: Kbore (Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:56 pm)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:16 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Trevor Gore wrote:
"I can't recall writing about "wrapping" the strings around the saddle, but I think Somogyi did. I prefer minimal "wrap". "

Well, that's not the first time I've got backwards something. I'll try not to let it again happen.

These users thanked the author Alan Carruth for the post: Kbore (Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:56 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:25 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Trevor
Last Name: Gore
City: Sydney
Focus: Build
Alan Carruth wrote:
Trevor Gore wrote:
"I can't recall writing about "wrapping" the strings around the saddle, but I think Somogyi did. I prefer minimal "wrap". "

Well, that's not the first time I've got backwards something. I'll try not to let it again happen.

Don't worry, Al! I'm sure you've forgotten more stuff than the rest of us put together ever knew!

http://www.goreguitars.com.au

These users thanked the author Trevor Gore for the post: Kbore (Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:56 pm)