Post subject: StewMac?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:58 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Mark
Last Name: Ballard
State: TX
Focus: Build
What the heck is up with StewMac? It is impossible to contact them for Customer Service. You call the number and a message says "Due to Covid we are working from home so if you need to contact us go to the "Contact Us" section of our webpage. Click on Contact Us and you get a page with a bunch of content but NO working link to get to a screen that allows you to send them a message. Beyond frustrating!!!! The website sure works to place orders...... LOL

I am not a complainer by nature but this is ridiculous! Am I the only one having an issue contacting them?

Post subject: Re: StewMac?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:25 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Bob
Last Name: Gramann
City: Fredericksburg
State: VA
Zip/Postal Code: 22408
Doesn’t work on my ipad. I just sent an email to Brock. Check back in a while and see if he got it fixed.

These users thanked the author bobgramann for the post: Laidback1 (Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:12 pm)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:43 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Edit.

Last edited by James Orr on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:27 pm 
Koa
Koa

You have to select the “Need Help” button and scroll down to get the web form for contact.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:19 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Josh
I had some trouble with their customer service towards the end of 2021 - there's a thread about it if you look back a bit. Brock read my gripes on here, reached out and immediately sorted the issue. After that I had reason to contact them once or twice and they took 24-36 hours to get back to me but were responsive and very helpful when they did.

So far in 2022 they've been really good, including mailing me a new set of fret nippers as a free replacement for the old worn out pair I'd been using - this was under their lifetime guarantee. All I did was email them a picture showing the wear and one of their reps had a replacement set in the mail within a day or so. I run my business largely on supplies from Stewmac so order weekly or fortnightly on average.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:53 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I should have waited to comment until actually going to the page and tried using it. There's a "Need Help" tab on the lower right of the home page. It gives you a number of options when you click on it, with "Contact Us" at the bottom. I clicked that, and the option to send a message came right up for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:14 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

bobgramann wrote:
You have to select the “Need Help” button and scroll down to get the web form for contact.

That's the problem. There is no "Need Help" button on the bottom corner like the website says......
I've checked on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone and it's not there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:15 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

James Orr wrote:
I should have waited to comment until actually going to the page and tried using it. There's a "Need Help" tab on the lower right of the home page. It gives you a number of options when you click on it, with "Contact Us" at the bottom. I clicked that, and the option to send a message came right up for me.

There is no "Need Help" tab on my home screen........ Not sure what the problem is then.....

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:50 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Dennis
Last Name: Kincheloe
City: Kansas City
State: MO
There was no "Need Help" button on the homepage for me, but after going to the "Contact Us" page, it appeared. The "Need Help?" text link there also worked to pop up the help window in the bottom right corner.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:11 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

The red "need help" tab in the bottom right of Dennis' screenshot is pinned to every page for me in the same location. I wonder if it's a browser issue their developer may not be aware of?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:33 am 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
I know that like everyone else StewMac has found managing a supply chain in a pandemic to he very difficult. Some of the stuff I am interested in they and their suppliers (I checked) have been out of for months.

Had some issues with them last year and it was pandemic, supply chain and working from home related. All issues were more than satisfied to my satisfaction and the legendary StewMac Customer Service did come my way once I got their attention. Bob's suggestion to contact Brock is a good one, that turned the tide for me when I did that on Facebook. See Facebook is good for something..... ;)

Keep trying, there are good and historic reasons for these issues these days and I would respectfully suggest patience and tolerance they are a trusted AND valued supplier not to mention one of the few for our industry.

And I know, I know I was the one who got my panties in a bunch last year when I had an issue with them and I flipped out. I go to far sometimes.... :)

Last edited by Hesh on Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:34 am 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

Last Name: Orr
I go to far sometimes.... :)[/quote]

Don't we all!!!!!

These users thanked the author Bob Orr for the post: Hesh (Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:23 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:43 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

"Working remotely" is becoming the "new normal". Businesses and Government agencies are finding it more productive and cost effective to allow workers to telecommute and answer emails rather than having their work flow interrupted hundred of times a day answering a phone. Even when you do call you often are connected to an endless menu that only allows you to talk to a real person as a last resort - often after an interminable amount of time on hold, listening to muzak interrupted intermittently with adds.
It is ironic that the officials in NYC who told everybody to stay home are now telling everyone to come back (because they aren't and the city is going broke!). Companies are downsizing their offices, people are shopping online, and local businesses are suffering.

These users thanked the author Clay S. for the post: Hesh (Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:24 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:37 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Chris
Last Name: Pile
City: Wichita
State: Kansas
Focus: Repair
How the heck do you run a warehouse remotely? Amazon uses robots for some of it, but humans still figure into the equation to get the orders filled and shipped out.

These users thanked the author Chris Pile for the post: Hesh (Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:24 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

James Orr wrote:
The red "need help" tab in the bottom right of Dennis' screenshot is pinned to every page for me in the same location. I wonder if it's a browser issue their developer may not be aware of?

That’s what I’m thinking because it’s still not showing up on my devices. Use Safari as the browser

These users thanked the author Laidback1 for the post: Hesh (Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:25 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:28 am 
Koa
Koa

I just tried Safari on my iPad. “Need Help” is there on the contact page. Try clearing cache on your browser and look again.

These users thanked the author bobgramann for the post (total 2): Laidback1 (Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:40 am) • windsurfer (Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:14 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:16 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Chris Pile wrote:
How the heck do you run a warehouse remotely? Amazon uses robots for some of it, but humans still figure into the equation to get the orders filled and shipped out.

You can take your orders online remotely, check your inventory, and send the order to the warehouse or drop shipper to have it picked and packed.
I worked in shipping and receiving for a short while and never spoke to a customer. I only communicated with the suppliers when an order was missed or screwed up. That was back in the day when you talked with a real person on the telephone and being nice to them gave better results than complaining about poor service. It was an O.K. job but not one I would make a career out of. pizza

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:27 pm 

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
Clay S. wrote:
"Working remotely" is becoming the "new normal". Businesses and Government agencies are finding it more productive and cost effective to allow workers to telecommute and answer emails rather than having their work flow interrupted hundred of times a day answering a phone. Even when you do call you often are connected to an endless menu that only allows you to talk to a real person as a last resort - often after an interminable amount of time on hold, listening to muzak interrupted intermittently with adds.
It is ironic that the officials in NYC who told everybody to stay home are now telling everyone to come back (because they aren't and the city is going broke!). Companies are downsizing their offices, people are shopping online, and local businesses are suffering.

My last ten years of working in corporate America I was on the road and working from home all of the time. I loved working at home and had they made me come back to a brick and mortar office I would have quit and in fact did turn down a promotion because it meant I had to be in a traditional office.

The cat is out of the bag and folks are not wanting to go back :)

Lots of stuff have changed, perhaps forever because of this pandemic. I have a basement full of toilet paper :) Priorities ya know.

These users thanked the author Hesh for the post: jfmckenna (Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:56 pm)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:25 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Update: I was able to contact them via FB Messenger. They sent me the direct eMail address to reach the Customer Service area. The eMail is service @stewmac.com
Sent an eMail to them and they responded back the next day to my issue....

These users thanked the author Laidback1 for the post (total 2): Durero (Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:14 pm) • Hesh (Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:59 am)