Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:15 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: John
Last Name: Cox
Focus: Build
Spring and fall is typically when you have humidity issues because neither the AC nor the heat runs....

I find here in swampy South Carolina - I have to set the AC to run even when the weather is nice just to dehumidify... I run it either the same temp as inside or 1-degree colder... That's usually all it takes to dehumidify...

BUT...

Many central AC units can be set up to dehumidify without freezing you out... Especially the newer ones with the fancy variable speed fans, variable output compressors, and modern solid state programmable thermostat units.

Since your house was built in 2018 - that's where I would start. Either spend some time in your manual or contact the AC guy who installed your unit. Worst case you may need a new fancy thermostat.. But it may have all the magic in it - it's just not set up to work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:22 am 
Koa
Koa

First name: Ernest
Last Name: Kleinman
City: Guthrie
State: OK
Zip/Postal Code: 73044
Hi john I just checked the manual,its a lennox heat pump, with no fancy shmancy settings very basic ac, or heat or fan , Nothing on dehumidification. We are still unboxing in the shop and garage, I am still planning to get a dehumidifier , all the newer homes in our subdivision are drenched in rain. and since they are all built similiarly will have humidity issues due to slab construction, rain on the open framed houses, and just the sheer volume of rain we have had this year. I have the amazon dehumidifier that is mentioned in the other thread . It runs , but no water is coming out, So am assuming the refrigerant is Kaput.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:00 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: John
Last Name: Cox
My brother works for Lennox and was telling me about all sorts of dehumidification and house comfort features they have on the new units.... They can do some slick things... Spring and fall swampy house is a known thing for AC manufacturers...

Maybe contact the installer and see what they recommend.... I am guessing they have recommendations as well - everybody in your region probably has the same problem ;) ;)

For example - have you checked to make sure the condensate drain hose isn't clogged and it's just spitting all the water back into the house? Filter is clean/fresh? AC turns on and runs 10-20 minutes every hour?

And you already own the AC unit. It should be able to get the house back down to 50-55% easy...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:26 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Ernest
Last Name: Kleinman
City: Guthrie
State: OK
Zip/Postal Code: 73044
Ok , got it the humidifier was blown out with an air hose and some gunk came out then I flushed it with water cleaned out the water tnk with bleach. it runs and then stops and readsout FO, will check it out some more . i will call the ac guy again tomorrow , he was 24 and very young. I will get someone more experienced to check it over

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:42 am 
Koa
Koa

First name: Willard
Last Name: Guthrie
City: Cumberland
State: Maryland 21502
Zip/Postal Code: 21502
Focus: Repair
How much of the time has passed since construction ended (including all of the interior finishing), and has house been able to dump all that excess moisture from the curing slab, damp lumber and sheet goods, water-based floor and drywall adhesives, drywall tape and finish, and interior finishes?

New homes are typically much more tightly sealed than in times past, with taped-seam house-wraps, engineered vapor-resistant sheathing, and sprayed or hand-applied caulks or sealers around windows, doors, and utility access points. This results in a longer period of time required to dump all that excess water from lumber, drywall, latex primer and paint, and new concrete slab to the air inside the house and then to the exterior of the house via HVAC condensate, direct loss to drier, cooler outside air, etc. Also note that the process is slowed a bit by the water vapor added to the load by the people and any pets living in the home to something on the order of a half liter of water per day (if prorated by the time in the house versus out and about).

-Mark Helprin, The Oceans and the Stars: A Sea Story, A War Story, A Love Story (A Novel)