It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

Post subject: DeArmond Installation
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:24 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

I was going to mount one of the Guild DeArmond reproductions on one of my archtops but really didn't want to drill any holes in the neck for the mounting rod and came up with this for attaching it to the pickguard. It's a first effort and I am sure could be refined. I'd welcome any suggestions or other ways you guys might have done the same thing.

Take a piece of 1/4" plexiglass and slot it on the band saw (1/4" blade). Drill mounting holes and holes for bolts to tighten the slot. (I used stainless 4-40 bolts and tap)

The tab on the pickup is a snug fit and can be stabilized by tightening the bolts.

Notch the pickguard and locate the pickup then drill the mounting holes in the pickguard and bolt on. The pickup can be slid up and down in the slot for position before tightening.

I used a piece of firm rubber to support the bass end. Only downside I see is that it can rotate but with the bolts tightened it is pretty stable. This is a nice pickup, I really like the sound. I am going to play out with it tomorrow, we'll see if there is any noise but at home it sounds great.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:15 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Danny
Last Name: Vincent
Well that's slick and clean!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:40 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Terry and all, any of you that use the P-bucket, ever since I removed all my photos from that site, I have not been able to get any of anyone else's P-bucket photo posts either. Guess I'd have to pay the monthly to see other's photos too.
1984 might be closer than we think...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:59 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

My P bucket apps quit working on my iPhone and iPad. I did pay the fee for eliminating ads and that was huge but I am no big fan.

Any good options?

BTW I gig a gig with the new pickup tonight. It sounded great and no hums or major feedback issues and it had a very thick nice jazz sound. Count me as a fan.

It’s this one.

https://shop.guildguitars.com/product/g ... ckup-gold/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:31 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Terry, I really don't know how good it is, but Postimage.org seems to be working. As far as Peebucket is concerned, I seem to not be able to see Freeman Keller's post either and some others. I just don't know how, once they hit the forum, they can be blocked to me, but to be sure, I'm on their list.
I sure would like to see your mounting of the pickup and I have never seen the German spruce archtop.
They won't even show me what the choco rations are for this week...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:58 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Haans wrote:
Terry, I really don't know how good it is, but Postimage.org seems to be working. As far as Peebucket is concerned, I seem to not be able to see Freeman Keller's post either and some others. I just don't know how, once they hit the forum, they can be blocked to me, but to be sure, I'm on their list.
I sure would like to see your mounting of the pickup and I have never seen the German spruce archtop.
They won't even show me what the choco rations are for this week...

I'll shoot you an email Haans, let me know if you got it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Thanks Terry, a beautiful archtop and good setup for the pickup.