Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:39 am 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas Everyone!

Ann Arbor Guitars will be holding our Fretting and Set-up two day classes February 16 & 17th, 2018 at our Ann Arbor shop. We have two of the three students that we would like to have already booked leaving one last seat open for the two days of classes.

Students bring a guitar to fret and set-up and leave with a professionally fretted and superbly set-up instrument. More importantly they also have learned how to apply what they've learned going forward.

The course is taught by Master Luthier David Collins and the OLF already has nearly 20 members who have taken our classes. Some of our alumni have described our classes as a "game changer..." others have reversed the outward flow of cash from the Lutherie hobby and are now doing professional quality repair work.

The classes have been specifically engineered for the hobbyist or pro builders who are aware that fret work and the set-up is the "user interface" to your instruments and something that prospective clients will notice about your instruments at once.....

If you have an interest in doing repair work or are a builder wanting to demystify fretting and set-up and can spend two days with Dave and I our classes are a very good and informative time. You will also be doing the hands-on of fretting your instrument as well as making bone nuts, saddles and learning the ins and outs including some industry specs for superb set-ups.

The cost is $300 a day or $600 total and we supply lunches and class materials, fret wire, bone, abrasives, certain tools, etc. We require our students to take both days of the classes in that they build on each other.

We have also had students who are already professionals who simply wanted to up their game and very smartly increase the "value" that they provide to their clients. One well known builder who has taken our classes has built 300 guitars and views learning and improving as a life long activity. I could not agree with him more.

We have one seat left and going forward we will be limiting our classes to three student at a time in that this worked out better for all concerned last month.

To read more about our classes you can visit our web site http://www.annarborguitars.com/styled-6/index.html

For questions you can PM me here.

Lastly these classes are not only a great way to take your creations from woodworking projects to having your instruments be true tools for musicians and very playable. It's also a very good time and an excellent way to make some new friends.

It goes without saying that we donate a percentage of the proceeds of our classes to the OLF as a small token of our appreciation for this forum that made my own jump to light speed Loofierism possible over a decade ago...;)

Thanks, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and here are some pics from our class last month.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

These users thanked the author Hesh for the post: Clinchriver (Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:46 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:47 pm 
Koa
Koa

One day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

These users thanked the author SnowManSnow for the post: Hesh (Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 pm)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:16 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

City: Lenoir City
State: TN
Zip/Postal Code: 37772
Focus: Repair
SnowManSnow wrote:
One day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do it, you'll be glad you did!

I see Tony got the master's bench [:Y:]

These users thanked the author SteveSmith for the post (total 2): Alex Kleon (Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:48 pm) • Hesh (Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 am)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:12 pm 

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
We just booked the third and final seat in this class offering so that's it for this one. Thanks folks.

If anyone else is interested in a future class and can assemble a group of two or three others PM me here and let me know and we will make it happen.

Thanks again.