Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Joey
Last Name: Holliday
City: Palmetto
State: Florida
Zip/Postal Code: 34221
Focus: Build
I haven't gotten around to the ducting yet. Temporarily I just have the flex hoses that I had from the chitty chitty Delta dust bag/spreader. Thursday was assembly which took all evening. Last night after 3 trips to Lowe's (I live 20 minutes outside of town) I finally got a 100 Amp sub panel installed next to my main breaker with five 220 drops and a bunch of 15 & 20 amp 110 drops for down the line. That takes care of the power shortage, I just can't roast a turkey in the oven, dry some clothes, have two heat pumps running while re-sawing on the bandsaw- so much for multi-tasking lol.

Anyway- I think I'd like to go with the green thin wall sewer PVC. It's cheap at Lowe's but they only have 4". It's probably going to be hard to find 6" and 8" here in the middle of nowhere, maybe in Lynchburg I can find something. I'd really prefer to keep the initial run at 8" even if it is a little pricier and only run 4" for each drop. The main problem is sourcing it around here. I certainly don't need a pallet of PVC.

Brad, thanks for the link to those blast gates, they look better and cheaper than what the Woodcraft carries.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:11 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Don
Last Name: Parker
City: Charleston
State: West Virginia
Zip/Postal Code: 25314
There have to be plumbing wholesalers in your area. If I have one here in West By Gawd Virginia, you should have one somewhere within a short drive.

If I were you, I would run the drops as 6" pipe, and only transition to 4" at the last possible spot. That's what I did. As I mentioned before, I have a few machines where 6" goes all the way to the machine. I have others where I have a 6" drop, then a transition to a pair of 4" pipes and/or flex hoses. If you transition to 4" too soon, you lose a lot of the CFM you just bought.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Ed
Last Name: Bond
City: Vancouver
Double that. Be really mindful of your duct and drop size. The ducting and the blower have to be matched, otherwise you've negated the purchase of a high cfm machine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:49 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Ed
Last Name: Bond
City: Vancouver
You can buy ducting from Oneida that ships flat. If your machine has an 8" outlet, you should be running 8" mains to your drops. This is not the place to cheap out.