It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

Post subject: round 3 Coco re-saw
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:16 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

Just wanted to thank everyone especially Rich and Bobc and all who gave good advice. I cleaned and set-up the saw and when right after it, but........... Went real, real slow. So The blade was not dull and cut like a champ. Just had to slow way down. I have some clean from my first attempt, but it will work.
Wanted to make sure everyone knew it was operator error not the Lenox Woodmaster CT,
Here are some photos I'm a happy camper didn't think I'd get a set out of this at first!!!!

[img]Image[/img]

[img]Image[/img]

Thanks all
Peter LaM

Post subject: Re: round 3 Coco re-saw
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:13 pm 
Koa
Koa

Good for you! I tell you the whole issue had me stumped for a while gaah , but after I figured it out, it was one of those things that was so simple duh but not what I think most of us would naturally assume. I am happy my lesson learned the hard way helped you a bit [:Y:] .

Rich

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:24 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Robert
Last Name: Cefalu
City: Buffalo
State: NY
Zip/Postal Code: 14217
Way to go Peter. This had me stumped for a while too. My first thought was a dull blade. Tried some mahog and it cut like butter. The coco being oily and not dry would just compact the wood dust so tight that it would push the blade away from the fence.
Nice detective work Rich.

1109 Military Rd.
Kenmore, NY 14217
(716) 874-1498

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:03 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Congrats.

I think it was Larry Davis that said he's been successfully using the Lenox Woodmaster for a while and said he loves it.

While happy with their TriMaster, and the cut, they are pricey.

I'm glad you re-posted on this and now I can confidently buckle on my Lenox Woodmaster when time comes.

I was very pleased with their steel blade for $18 on my Laguna 18.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:29 pm 
Koa
Koa

The Trimaster and Woodmaster Ct both have their strong suits. The Trimaster does have a nice smooth cut, and is generally outstanding on hardwoods. Where the Woodmaster really outshines the Trimaster is in wet (and dry to a lesser extent) softwoods. The small smaller gullets on the Trimaster will clog (this is difficult to remedy even by slowing down), where as the Woodmaster with larger gullets seem to pull out and release the softwood dust better.

I am kinda doing a test run with several blades on another forum. My goal was to strap on a fresh blade and run it till it dulls and or has issues. I started with the Trimaster and at around 600 cuts (mix of hardwood backs, sides, sounboards, drop tops and such), I started into some fresh Sitka that had to be cut fast (to avoid damage from checks and splitting). I had to stop running it because it was just clogging like crazy. I switched back to an old woodmaster(had 500-600 cuts under its belt (mixed woods) soft and hardwoods) and it cut like a champ. I put about 150 cuts on it over the weekend, and it is doing just dandy. Both the Trimaster and Woodmaster are still sticky sharp (I actually drew blood hanging the Trimaster, when I switch blades). The performance and longevity of either of these blades, makes them well worth the money to me.

Rich