Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:13 pm 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
Laurent my friend I suspect that if your original post had made the point that the HHG guitar was clearly and universally thought to be sonically superior hairs would still have been split and factious divisions would have resulted anyway.

Some folks are more comfortable here just waiting for others to offer information and then sit back and pick it apart. In some cases these are folks who rarely proactively offer any new subject matter to be vetted favoring to participate in an entirely judgmental manner.

There is a huge difference in challenging the ideas of another and getting personal about it as it seems to happen all to often in not this thread but others.

My apologies to you if this seemed to be the case here. I can tell you that as a veteran of having a sore ass at the OLF in time one just learns to thicken up and also consider the source. As I am sure that you know at the end of the day we are all going to go off and do as we wish anyway much as you have and you are now producing some very outstanding guitars.

It's great to have you back here on the OLF.

And I found your story above about the "extraordinary rendition/audition" to be very funny indeed. [clap] [clap] [clap]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:49 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Laurent Brondel wrote:
"Glue has nothing to do with it -or nothing measurable by a set of trained ears, at least-, which was the conclusion of this test for anybody who had a bit of critical thinking left in their minds…"

I'm inclined to agree with you, except that so many people _think_ it does. Certainly, as Feynman said: "The easiest person for you to fool is yourself". But what if there's something to it? At some point we'll need to do the experiments, if only to lay the ghost.