Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:51 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

For the record...Michael's prices are public domain on his website....here's the link:

http://mp-hand-crafted-guitars.com/2.html

I was trying to provide him with good advice and get him to see why he was experiencing his problems, so that he didn't have to berate his potential customers on the internet anymore...

Can't seem to get it through their heads....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:56 am 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
I am sure that Don meant no harm and it's all to easy to not know in advance what someone may be sensitive to.

Perhaps Lance or Brock can edit the post to not include Michael's pricing?

Michael bro I am VERY sorry if some of the replies here including mine felt like we were piling on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:58 am 
Koa
Koa

hummmmm.....a "professional" guitar builder publicly complaining and critizicing his private customers!! You can bet they are reading this, too!!! NICE.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:02 am 

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
Come on Larry give Michael a break will ya?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 am 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

fmorelli wrote:
MichaelP wrote:
Sorry for the abruptness. But I have never told any of you how to charge for your work and was a bit shocked that some of you did me.

Michael,
If you wish to set boundaries to your questions, then please do so in advance. Frankly, I'm shocked that you've not taken my input as an honest effort to give you my perspective and feedback so that it might help you solve your dilemma. If my comments are useless to you, disregard them ... being "shocked" ... c'mon ....

Filippo

My shock was in posting my pricing withoutt asking if I care more than the input That comment was not intended toward your opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:04 pm 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

Don Williams wrote:
For the record...Michael's prices are public domain on his website....here's the link:

http://mp-hand-crafted-guitars.com/2.html

I was trying to provide him with good advice and get him to see why he was experiencing his problems, so that he didn't have to berate his potential customers on the Internet anymore...

Can't seem to get it through their heads....

Don,Yes my pricing is public record and if anyone want to know them call me or go to my web site. There has been many times that others here have requested that their prices not be published on the forum for various products and I only asked for the same. I love all you guy here dearly and have tried to treat each with respect. I am truly sorry you cat see my point. I am sorry you don't and at the same time why it is hard to understand the way I offer my work but i do have "for me" good reasons. I did take every ones opinion with an inperspective attitude. That said I still feel the posting of my pricing here on the forum was rude and inappropriate and extremely inconsiderate without even asking me. I dang sure would not have done such with any of you.

Pick on me all you want. I have reasons why I do what I do in my pricing. I appreciate that all comments were intended as constructive criticism and except them as such.

I posted the topic as and example of simple humor of the fact that even when I started that this model allows no custom options that clients still ask for them.

This was no big dilemma in my business. It really wasn't. it was just a humorous "cant you read moment"

I am done.