Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:32 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Just wanted to let everyone know that John has his new shop set up and is ready to start producing his great products again. He has moved to the Chicago area and is now in a commercial building. Can't wait to see what comes out of his new shop!

Congrats John, and may you continue to prosper at your new location.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:39 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Yep...I think we all just received the memo!

It just so happens that I'll be visiting John tomorrow since I plan to be in his area. I'll be sure to let you know what I see, find and think of the new digs. Stay tuned...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:42 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Steve
Last Name: Courtright
Focus: Build
Yahoo! Welcome back to Illinois John.

JJ: If you are in the loop around lunch time I am buying. PM me (is PM working?).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:49 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Steve...I'm planning to be in Lake Zurich for lunch. But I'll take a rain check...thanks!

Send me your cell phone #...I'm often in the area and will look you up next time. It was just a few weeks ago I was In Evanston at Northwestern University and thought of calling you ...but no number! I try to avoid the Loop during business hours!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:00 pm 
Koa
Koa

Please take pix JJ, if John is okay with that. Have a great visit!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:51 pm 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I know this will annoy some of the purists but :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Said with cheer in my heart and affection for the purists

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:29 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

City: Southwick, MA
Where's the site? I went to the site listed in his bio and it was still "moving"...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:36 pm 
Mahogany
Mahogany

Mitch buddy the web site is not up yet and in the notification that many of us received it asks that we email John with specifics as to what we are interested in. If you are interested in his email addy please PM me and it's yours.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:36 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

I visited with my good friend and golf buddy, John yesterday at his new shop. It is massive when compared to the basement of his former home in Wisconsin. As any good business man would do, his CNC machines were set up first and running...and doing marvelous things as they cut tiny pieces of MOP and hog out much larger fingerboards and necks.

As time permits, John is methodically building work benches, racks and unpacking the equipment and supplies as needed.
The first thing I wanted to know is where are the 92 chisels that so prominantly occupied a wall above his former workbench? In this facility, they occupy a section in one of the many roll-around Snap-On tool cabinets...but then who needs chisels when you have a machine that can run for hours with the lights off!

It will be awhile before the rest of the facility becomes completely filled but he certainly has the room to support the continuous growth that he has experienced.

One reason for visiting John was also to get his feedback on the 2 electrics I have in progress. John makes some of the most impressive electrics you'll ever see. I showed him a curly maple carved top LP-type that I proudly proclaimed took me 7 hours to contour using a finger plane, rasps, files and sandpaper. He showed me one that his CNC was able to fashion in a matter of minutes! Impressive...but I still like mine better!

Before I get pummeled for not taking pics I want to let you all know that my camera is broken and if you want future pics of my travels you can send your donation to the "JJ Camera Fund" at my Paypal address!!! :D That should keep the criticism to a whisper!!! :D

Good luck to John... and I sure hope to see him back on the forum once his time permits.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:16 am 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
JJ Donohue wrote:

Before I get pummeled for not taking pics I want to let you all know that my camera is broken and if you want future pics of my travels you can send your donation to the "JJ Camera Fund" at my Paypal address!!! :D That should keep the criticism to a whisper!!! :D

Not so fast big guy - don't you have a camera phone?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanted to add that I received a shipment from John yesterday and there was actually something in the box too. :D So another Whoo Hoo - CNC Guitar Parts is also shipping orders again too!!!!